Wednesday, May 11, 2022

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Winnie the Pooh



Good Morning Quote

This week, I received a 9 x 12" big brown envelope of thank you notes from the students in grades K, 1, and 2 at Trafford Elementary School.  I presented there a few weeks ago with a program based on my children's book, GRADY GETS GLASSES.  Trafford is a "kind" school, and their staff spends time teaching the importance of kindness, so my program "Bunnies Don't Bully, and Neither Should Kids" was a great fit for their school.  

I present at lots of schools, and not everyone sends a thank you note, so to be the recipient of all the notes plus pictures of the kids with their books, and a picture with my "Win Lunch with the Author" group was very special.  (The librarian had the second grade students write a little answer to a prompt, and the best answers won lunch with me.) 

I love to send and recive both cards and thank you notes.  I feel happy when I am writing a note, and happy when I am reading one as well.  I think the Trafford librarian helped kids to understand how special it ican be to write a thank you note  Teaching students to send notes of appreciation when appropriate is another skill involved with being kind.  To return their favor,  I sent a picture of Grady the rabbit standing in the midst of all the notes to let the kids know how much Grady and I appreciated their efforts. 


Below is a picture of one of the notes, and a picture of Grady and the beauitul multi-colored notes! 




As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 


No comments:

Post a Comment