Thursday, April 15, 2021

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein

                                                                    Bright Drops 
 

March and April here in Pittsburgh have been much warmer months than usual.  In fact, I have already played 10 rounds of golf, which is 10 more than I have ever played this early in the season!  During those 10 rounds so far, I have watched the trees change from bare to buds to flowers, and the greening of the earth has gone from a light celery to a rich green hue.  I have observed something else changing as well - my attitude. 

Living alone during the pandemic has been very trying, and for some days, downright depressing and lonely.  I have always looked to the golf course to recharge my spirit; in fact, this is my 50th year of playing golf.  I learned the summer that I was just 18, and I have been playing, as well as coaching, these past 50 years.  After a long, cold, snowy and lonely winter, I welcomed golf with all my heart!  And my attitude has changed in the most positive manner.  Instead of the "day blends into day after day." I enjoy looking forward to the days I am playing, and I feel more purposeful.  I think about the game, and I think about the nature I see on the course.  We have some little ducks and some geese, and I watched 5 deer run across number 1 fairway.  The North American redwing blackbirds seem to be calling out to me, and the hawks soaring high in the sky above the course seem to be watching over the golfers.  Some curious turkeys have given my group a few gobbles, and the chipmunks and the squirrels are running around.  Wildflowers and random bouquets of daffodils abound, and the flagsticks wave in the wind.  The golf course is a delightful place to be, and I like to shout to the good Lord, "Thank you that I am on a beautiful golf course and thanks for friends." 

I have noticed a definite change in my demeanor and attitude since I am back on the golf course, my "normal" thing to do for the past 50 years.  But, enjoying nature isn't just about the golf course.  If you are feeling down, or if you need to clear your head, it's a good idea to take a walk and look around.  You will notice changes in the earth every day.  That's why Spring is so wonderful - it starts with pastels and then bursts forth as full and brilliant colors.  Flowers are pretty even when they are in bud, and to see them day by day, and then watch them open in full bloom, is wonderful!  I urge you to go for a walk in the park, or even your neighborhood.  Nature has a way of helping us to be quiet and patient and to listen to our inner voice.  Being in nature restores my soul, and it just might restore yours.  Things are easier to think about when I am in Nature, and they might be for you. too.  I used to be an avid trout fisherman when my late husband was alive.  We fished in the farthest northern reaches of the big mountains in central Pennsylvania, and I got the same feeling there that I get on the golf course.  

Give yourself a gift and go outside.  You will be glad you did!  "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with a group called Field Trip Zoom or we will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM.www.Fieldtripzoom.com  and a company called www.StreamableLearning.com GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone.Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 










No comments:

Post a Comment