Thursday, October 8, 2020

"Wisdom is the reward of experience and should be shared." Author Unknown

 



Jar of Quotes 

Last week, I was invited to the Alpha Phi Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma (notable women educators) to share my experiences in becoming an author after retiring from my 37 year career in teaching.  I prepared a fun PowerPoint for the group, and I was honest in sharing both the triumphs and the pitfalls of these past 6 years in my new career. The ladies were so receptive and asked such great questions!  I was so touched by their friendliness and sincerity, that I could easily call this chapter my DKG home if they were not an hour's drive away. 

One of the reasons I like to speak to groups and share my experiences is this:  I hope to save others from the mistakes I have made.  I started my own company - Rittman Publishing, LLC - and wrote and published two books within a short amount of time.  I had one publisher rip me off, and I have been doing a solo act in promotions and sales.  I enjoy sharing all that goes into the writing and publishing of the book, and the massive work that follows.  I am proud that I have helped about 10 people to write and publish their books!  (Still a teacher - can't help myself.) I am also happy that I helped them to negotiate and avoid some pitfalls that I did not.  

"Wisdom is the reward of experience and should be shared."  I truly believe that statement. We can all learn from others, and that is what makes our world so wonderful.  The sharing of ideas and expertise, just like the handing down of traditions and knowledge in a family, clan, tribe, or group, is imperative to help others to be their best.  I am always happy to help!

If you have a group who would be interested in one of my many presentations, please email me at  DedeRittman@gmail.com I am happy to present in person or virtually. 
Below is a picture taken at the end of the presentation. .  Many elementary teachers were in this group, so I focused the presentation on Grady Gets Glasses. 

I truly enjoy sharing my wisdom gained from experiences with others!  Here is the link to the article DKG wrote about my visit. https://alphaphipa.weebly.com/alpha-phi-news.html 

If you are a female educator, I urge you to join your local chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma. https://dkg.org/


As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®
Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with a group called Field Trip Zoom or we will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM.www.Fieldtripzoom.com  and a company called www.StreamableLearning.com GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone.Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37 years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   dede_rittman  and Gradygetsglasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 







alphaphipa.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment