Monday, July 17, 2023

"3 types of people to surround yourself with: the inspired, the excited, the grateful."


                                                              THINKGROWPROSPER


I believe that everyone in life has their struggles, and sometimes staying positive can be a very big challenge.  We have all experienced that dreaded "domino effect" of one thing going wrong, followed by a cascade of more bad luck.  It is difficult to get past that overwhelming sense of sadness, frustration, or grief when things are going wrong. Being with others who are "Debbie Downers" just exacerbates a bad situation, making it seem worse. What to do?

I recommend surrounding yourself with people who are inspired, people whose energy is overflowing, so when your energy is waning, you can borrow some of theirs.  Inspired people make everything seem possible, and the way they look at life is almost magical.  These people make great friends and mentors. You should also look for those who are excited about life and its many possiblilities.  These people see life as an adventure - just waiting to be lived - and they are optimisitic that something new and good is just around the corner. Even if they are down, they can always find the positive in every situation, which is important.  It is great to have friends who show gratitude.  I like to be with people who are grateful for the many gifts they have, rather than complaining about what they lack.  I know that when I feel and speak gratitude, I feel better physically and mentally.  

For 35 years, I taught in a building that was filled with people who were inspired, excited, and grateful.  I loved teaching in that building so much that I never really felt like I was going to "work."  A few weeks ago, our retired North Allegheny Intermediate faculty got together for a reunion picnic at a local park.  We reminisced about how wonderful it was to teach in our building, where most of us shared the same positive outlook.  We laughed about the funny incidents that happened through the years, and we rememberred those who are no longer with us. What a group! We were inspired educators, excited about teaching, and grateful for the support of our colleagues.  I wish everyone could enjoy such a positive work experience, growing with colleagues and working toward common goals.  Our group enjoyed educating students and making the school district better.  Oh, the power of positive people! 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®


Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman,  Rittman Rules,   Student Teaching: The Inside Scoop,    and Grady Gets Glasses
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 








No comments:

Post a Comment