Monday, June 5, 2023

"I love walking in the woods, on the trails, along the beaches . . . One needs to be alone to recharge one's batteries." Grace Kelly

 

Recharge quotes - Move Me Quotes 


School's out for summer!  I remember that last day of school for most every one of my 37 years of teaching - walking out of the building, putting the roof down on my convertible, and driving away, hair billowing in the wind,  with a complete feeling of freedom - at least for 3 months!   Teaching is so demanding - and as a teacher, you are surrounded by others the entire day, so alone time is really needed!  The never-ending list of projects and list of duties from administration, as well as the endless list of classroom preparation and papers to correct squashes a person.  The "down time" of the summer is just the right antidote for burnout and stress.

This post was inspired by a friend this morning.  She wrote that she was having a second cup of coffee on her patio at 8:30, so it must be summer vacation!  

Here's to many second cups of coffee, along with beach walks and hiking trails and the simple pleasure of sitting on a patio or front porch. Happy Summer to all the teachers!

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®


Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman,  Rittman Rules,   Student Teaching: The Inside Scoop,    and Grady Gets Glasses
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 


























No comments:

Post a Comment