Tuesday, November 15, 2022

"The greatest source of America's generosity is not our government; it's the good heart of the American people." George W. Bush

 

                                                                            AZ Quotes 

                                                                        

I think Americans are the most genterous people on the planet. If you do not agree, keep reading.

I always enjoy Steve Hartman stories on CBS, but the one last week touched my heart. An 80 year old veteran from Minnesota named Kenneth Jery used his mobility scooter every morning to visit a memorial for fallen soldiers in his town.  When his scooter broke, Ken lost not only his mobility, but also his purpose to honor those lost, and depression set in.  By a chance encounter, Ken met a young woman in a coffee shop and told her his story, and that woman, Amanda Kline, started an online fundraiser for Ken.  Amazingly, the fundraiser caught fire and Ken had a new scooter within days, and then he had another scooter with all the bells and whistles and flags within a short time.  Ken was taken care of, and he did not need another scooter, but the money kept pouring in, so he decided to pay it forward.  This year alone, Ken has donated 50 mobility scooters to needy veterans in his area!  He has a renewed purpose in life, and the generosity of Americans has helped so many veterans, as money continues to come in.  I love the generosity of Americans, and I love this story so much I had to share it.

Here is a link to the Steve Hartman Story on CBS. Well worth a look!

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/a-veteran-scoots-kindness-forward/#x 

"The greatest source of America's generosity is not our government; it's the good heart of the American people." George W. Bush 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman,  Rittman Rules,   Student Teaching: The Inside Scoop,    and Grady Gets Glasses
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 


No comments:

Post a Comment