Monday, July 11, 2022

"Think BIG. Trust yourself and make it happen."


                                                www.upliftingandinspiringcontent.com


My post this week comes from a most unlikely source - a dog. Not just any dog, but a dog who has adapted to a physical disability issue and shares the lesson that if we believe we can, we can. We just have to trust ourselves.

Dexter is a Brittany Spaniel who lives in Ouray, Colorado.  When he was a puppy, he escaped the safety of his yard and ran into traffic, where he was hit by a car.  He lost one front leg and the other was severely injured.  His owner fashioned him a sort of "dog wheelchair" to help him to get around, but then something miraculous happened. Shunning the wheelchair, Dexter began walking upright, on two legs, just like a person!  Six years later, Dexter has become a social media superstar, and people come from miles away to meet him.  Additionally, this dog's method of coping with a tragedy - to face it head on and move forward with his life - has been an inspiration to thousands of people.  Sometimes, we need to quit overthinking our problems and ACT !  That's what Dexter did.

I always enjoy the Steve Hartman specials, and I think his subjects provide great hope and inspiration, on so many levels, especially this adorable dog.  I believe that humans have a lot to learn from their canine friends, like living life in the moment, learning to be patient, telling your best friend how much you love him, enjoying all life has to offer, and giving the sniff test before deciding on a new friendship.  But this lesson - adapting to what is holding you back and moving forward - is perhaps, the best lesson of all.

If you would like to see the Steve Hartman video on this adorable and courageous dog, please click on this link:  https://www.cbsnews.com/video/one-upstanding-dog/#x

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment