Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Teaching is the greatest act of optimism." Colleen Wilcox

 

                                                                   We Are Teachers 


With schools, colleges, and universities all closed during the pandemic, I have not done my normal amount of presentations and intereacting with students.  With my book Student Teaching: The Inside Scoop from a Master Teacher, I really enjoy meeting with the students at the college level who are education majors - and I love presenting "Dede's 3 C's for Classroom Success - Confidence, Communication, and Creativity." I enjoy presenting to middle school and high school on a variety of topics- and the one that seems to help the kids most is my "Get Organized and Improve Your Grades" presentation.  Then, with my children's book, Grady Gets Glasses, I have an assortment of presentations from "Bunnies Don't Bully, and Neither Should Kids" to "Be an Author!"  I have given some virtual presentations, but they are never as spontaneous nor as much fun as in-person presentations.

This week, I am so happy to be back in the elementary classrooms of two local schools. Being with the elemenatary students is so uplifting!  I love it when they ask silly questions about Grady the bunny - for example, this question, asked with the utmost in seriousness and respect:  "Miss Dede, what is Grady's favorite dessert?"  My answer?  "Carrot cake, of course!"  I also love seeing the children thinking - and yes, after teaching for 37 years, you CAN see kids thinking.  They have serious expressions on their faces, and they show great signs of concentration and questioning, right before raising their hands to ask a question.  I loved teaching for my entire life - it is what I do best - and being back in the classroom is so wonderful. I was very touched by a second grader who approached me after the presentation on Monday and whispered in my ear, "You are me most favortie author - ever!" Indeed, the energy and enthusiasm from the kids makes me realize how dull virtual learning really is. Becasue teaching is entirely about relationships, in person teaching and learning is best. 

The school on Monday had the students make paper glasses with bunny ears!  Such fun! The students wore these adorable glasses to the presentation and this great activity really added to the anticipation of my presentation. 

If you would like to me to come into your classroom, or your book club, rotary club, service organization, or for any reason, please send em an email at DedeRittman@gmail.com  Tell me a little about your group and what you are looking for, and I will share my list of offerings with you.  One presentation well-liked by adult groups i "How to Write and Publish Your Own Book."  I will walk you through all it took for me to get to my published books.  Many adults feel that they would like to write a book - so why not give it a try and learn what is involved?

So - group or school, please invite me to your group and I promise they will enjoy the content and my unique deleivery and sense of humor.  I have all my Pennsylvania clearances, and I look forward to hearing from you!  

Programs avaialble are listed below.  If you want something you don't see, call or email me, and I will create a program for your group. 

Be an Author!  (grades K-2)

Be an Author (enhanced version) grades 3-5

Bunnies don't bully, and neither should kids! K-2

I also come into individual classrooms to work with kids who are creating their own books - K-12 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite GRADY GETS GLASSES (and me) into your school, in person, or on Zoom. Email us at GradyGetsGlasses@gmail.com

I do college and university presentations for student teachers with my practical "Dede's Three C's for Classroom Success: Confidence, Communication, and Creativity" in person or via Zoom. Please email me at DedeRittman@gmail.com

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with groups called Field Trip Zoom and Streamable learning . We will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM. GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone. Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37
years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 


















No comments:

Post a Comment