Wednesday, February 10, 2021

"Becoming a champion is not an easy process . . .It is done by focusing on what it takes to get there and not on getting there." Nick Saban

 

                                                                           AZ QUOTES 


During Super Bowl week and thereafter, the word "champions" is bandied about by pundits ad nauseum. Pittsburgh has long been known as "The City of Champions."  Tampa Bay has now become "Champa Bay."  And then, there is Tom Brady.

I was a coach for 33 years, and I have enjoyed studying champions through the years.  By champions, I am referring to people like Arnold Palmer, Muhammed Ali, Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, and Tiger Woods.  I have to add Tom Brady to my list of impressive champions.

Tom Brady looks like he has it all- storied career with different teams, super-model wife and life, great kids.  People become angry with Tom Brady because he has it all, but they seldom think about what he sacrifices for his career. He keeps a strict regimen of diet, exercise, and rest.  He has morphed into a player/coach/friend, encouraging others on his team, including them, and drawing out their strengths - all for the team.  Although I was never a huge fan, I am an admirer of all that Tom Brady is able to do.

I wish I would have placed a bet on the game, but in these pandemic times, I did not.  I would have chose Tampa by 20 points. 

The TODAY SHOW did a great spot on Tom Brady, which gives major insight into his work ethic and who he is.  Here is the link.

https://www.today.com/video/how-does-tom-brady-do-it-a-closer-look-at-star-quarterback-s-regime-100739653835

Tom Brady did not become an overnight success - he has worked hard for his accolades.  "Becoming a champion is not an easy process . . .It is done by focusing on what it takes to get there and not on getting there." Nick Saban 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestionsRittman Publishing, LLC ®

Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with a group called Field Trip Zoom or we will come into YOUR classroom via ZOOM.www.Fieldtripzoom.com  and a company called www.StreamableLearning.com GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone.Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.


Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37 years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   GradyGetsGlasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 







No comments:

Post a Comment