Friday, September 18, 2020

"Normal is not something to aspire to; it's something to get away from." Jodie Foster

 


QuoteFancy


Although many of us would "normally" agree with the quote above, I think all of us are currently wishing for our old "normal."     

We have had enough of the pandemic and it's control over every aspect of our lives.

Friends on the telephone say:

"I wish we could go out to eat, inside our favorite restaurant." 

"I miss the movies."

"I had season tickets to the theater.  Wonder when a show will ever be playing again." 

"I miss watching _______ (fill in the sport) in person."

"I wish I could watch my son/daughter/nephew/niece in their high school game _____ "(fill in the sport)

"I wish I could visit my mom/dad/aunt/uncle/grandparent in the personal care home." 

"I wish my child could have play dates and be in school."

"I wish I could attend church and sing in the choir." 

I wish all of those things for myself and others, and I wish I had a crystal ball to know when this will all end, but I don't. Some think a vaccine will be a panacea, but I disagree. People are vaccinated for the flu, but they still become ill.  And many will not take vaccinations at all.  I don't think any of us have the answers, so we will just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I am so grateful for the chance to be on the golf course several times a week and eating lunch outside at my golf club.  That is as close to my "normal" as anything else in my life is right now.

I am hoping that you have found a few "normal" things to do this summer, and that things will get better as we move into Fall, which begins in a few days. 

Who ever thought we would be wishing for "normal"?  

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions. Rittman Publishing, LLC ®
Please invite Grady Gets Glasses (and me) into your school.  if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, we do virtual field trips with a group called Field Trip Zoom. www.Fieldtripzoom.com  and a company called www.StreamableLearning.com GRADY GETS GLASSES was the winner of Best New Children's Book 2016 and 2018 (new edition) from The Authors' Zone.Grady also won a 2018 prestigious Moonbeam Award for Best Children's Book with Merchandise.




Visit Dede's web page for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER. Many colleges have made the book required readingSigned copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 


I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37 years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com now has plush Grady bunnies for sale!
 Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   dede_rittman  and Gradygetsglasses
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ® 




















No comments:

Post a Comment