Sunday, August 14, 2016

"Each of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit." Mary Lou Retton





I love the whole idea of The Olympics: world countries competing against each other; putting the abilities of their best athletes on display; the performances of the participants so stellar and focused that the Olympians seem to rise above mere mortals.  

I especially enjoy the inspiration I receive when reading about the Olympic stars and their challenges, as well as their strong and committed practice schedules and work ethics.(My parents were all about the work ethic, so this lesson really resonates with me.)  I also think that the resurrection of the Olympic games every four years reminds us that we, too, should find our passions and goals in life, and find a way to keep that flame within us lit.

Look around at the people you know, and you will find that the most successful ones are the ones who have a true passion for their life's work.  Although maintaining passion requires immense energy,  having passion keeps an individual energized! 

The Olympic athletes are living their dreams, and the viewers are swept along in the frenzy of their achievements. Some of the Olympians have been forced to overcome tremendous challenges:  enduring sexual and physical abuse; being orphaned by war; losing their country because of war; facing physical battles after accidents. The Refugee Team received the loudest applause of the Olympic opening parade!  (For more stories of olympians overcoming adversity, click on this link http://www.viralnova.com/incredible-olympians/ )

Watching others dream the dream, work toward the fulfillment of the dream, and then live the dream is truly inspiring. I know that thinking about these athletes makes me want to be even better in my life - setting goals, committing to a work ethic, and showing my passion for my life's work.  Who couldn't be inspired by the two Simone's who won the gold in swimming and gymnastics? And how about  Michael Phelps?  He alone has 28 medals- 23 gold- more medals earned one person than 108 countries have won! These Olympians should make all of us strive to be the best we can be every day!  I hope YOU are also inspired by their life stories and hard work! Thank you, Olympians. 

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions. 

Rittman Publishing, LLC ®

Visit Dede's webpage for complete details on her award-winning book, STUDENT TEACHING: THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM A MASTER TEACHER.  Many colleges have made the book required reading. 
Signed copies are available  www.dederittman.com Dede is also a national speaker on The Three C's for Classroom success: Confidence, communication, and Creativity; Avoiding Teacher burnout; and many other inspirational topics. 

I LOVE writing. And I love writing children's books- my newest passion. Although it will be a ton of work, I am looking forward to selling my books.  Since I was a secondary teacher, I know that I have much to learn about elementary students, and I will have to follow my own advice and be my genuine self.  However, I also know that I am passionate about helping kids who have to wear glasses, and that GRADY GETS GLASSES sends a positive message. I am willing to work hard and do all the things that also made me a successful teacher for 37 years. I remain inspired! 

Elementary teachers in Western Pennsylvania and beyond - I am willing to come into your classroom in person or as a virtual field trip through a group called Field Trip Zoom.  Check them out!  http://www.fieldtripzoom.com/ 

Teacher friends- let me know if you want me to read GRADY GETS GLASSES at your school. I am willing to come in to discuss the creative writing process, why writing is important, and personal fulfillment through writing, along with reading my book.  I would appreciate the exposure, and I would make signed copies available for purchase in your classrooms following the reading.  Please email me at dederittman@gmail.com .  The website www.gradygetsglasses.com IS UP AND RUNNING!!!.  Signed copies ARE available!   Grady plush toys are ordered! 

Please like Dede's new page Grady Gets Glasses for updates about her children's book. https://www.facebook.com/gradygetsglasses?ref=hl 

Connect with Dede!

Twitter       @dederittman
Periscope   @dederittman
Facebook   Dede Faltot Rittman or Rittman Rules
LinkedIn   Dede Rittman
Google +   Dede Rittman
Tumblr      The Bunny Teacher
Instagram   dede_rittman 
Pinterest   Rittman Publishing, LLC ®









No comments:

Post a Comment